View this NEWSLETTER on Mailchimp HERE
Join us this SUNDAY, FEB 9, for Voices From War‘s Winter OPEN HOUSE!
Registration for Spring workshops is OPEN!
Come meet our Instructors and catch up with other participants….
Voices From War
Winter Open House & Social
Sunday, FEB 9, 4:00 – 5:30 pm
at the 14th Street Y
344 East 14th St.
New York, NY 10003
Registration Open ▪ VoicesFromWar.org ▪
Come discuss short fiction, poetry, & memoir written by veterans and select civilians – and write your own.
Whether you’re just thinking about getting some of your experiences down on paper, or have already been writing, join us for 10 sessions this Winter-SPRING — for stories, community, and new skills.
Our stories aren’t always easy to share or explain. In this workshop, we talk about techniques for getting started and for moving forward. Maybe you want to find ways to explain military experience, including combat, to family and friends. Or you may be interested in publication, and want to explore possibilities for sharing fiction or true experiences with a wider audience.
Join fellow veterans in a friendly community this spring for Voices From War’s writing workshop for veterans hosted by the 14th Street Y (344 E. 14th St., NY 10003, near Union Square) or The Craft of War Writing in the Bronx, hosted by the Morris Park Library (985 Morris Park Ave., Bronx 10462).
Voices From War has been offering writing workshops for veterans (and family members) since 2013. All levels welcome.
RECENT HIGHLIGHTS & UPCOMING EVENTS
- It was great to connect with NYC-area veterans at the NYC Veterans Alliance “New Year, New You” Resource Networking event on Jan. 27.
- Congratulations to Voices From War instructor Jeremy Warneke and all of the excellent writers (& editors) in Why We Write: Craft Essays on Writing War, also including notables such as Phil Klay and Teresa Fazio.
- Thank you to Teresa Fazio for visiting our Voices From War classroom in December! Stay tuned for her memoir Fidelis due out Sept.1, 2020 – and pre-order now!
- Don’t miss Time Out’s wonderful blog. Thank you to Time Out’s Peter Molin for the shout out for Voices From War, co-instructor Drew Pham, and our recent Veterans Day event at the New-York Historical Society. Read “2020 Vision: Old Wars, New Directions” HERE
- ** COMING UP: Don’t miss Voices From War participant Omar Columbus‘s upcoming photography show and event at the Salmagundi Club! Free Exhibit: FEB 10 – 21. OPENING RECEPTION including PERFORMANCES: this WEDNESDAY, FEB 12, 6:30 – 8:00 pm. “From There to Here: Military Veterans’
Experiences” DETAILS: HERE. **
- PLUS – Mark your Calendars: Poetic Theater Productions presents “Veteran Voices” on Saturday, March 7th, 2:00 pm (Poetic License festival at the Wild Project: 195 E 3rd St., NY, NY 10009).
We look forward to seeing you at our OPEN HOUSE (Feb. 9), in our workshops, and at upcoming events!
Best wishes from,
Kara Krauze & the Voices From War team